...a listening event for the public and the community of Allied Health Professionals to help shape the future of Allied Health Professions.
We have been facing unprecedented times and we have needed to provide care in new and different ways. People across the health and social care have proven that we can work in new ways to make sure people get the support they need. This is an opportunity to reshape how Allied Health Professionals deliver care as we recover and rebuild for our future.
We want you to tell us what’s important to you about how the community of Allied Health Professions working in health and social care, can help people stay well and have a good experience when they need support.
Together we can understand what’s most important to citizens and as professionals so we can make sure we are using the full range of Allied Health Professions to provide the best possible care. We will use everything we learn to create a new five year strategy for the community of Allied Health Professionals.
We are now at phase two of AHPs Listen, sharing the voice of citizens with the Allied Health Professions (AHP) community and asking the AHP community to respond. In our first conversation with citizens we heard five themes. These now form the challenge questions being posed to the AHP community (students, registered and support workforce) in our second conversation:
- Issues related to access and inequalities
- Communication, collaboration and integration
- Recognising, and valuing the work of AHPs
- Personalised care and prevention
- Developing the AHPs as a profession
How it works
This online workshop is a safe, anonymous space where we can come together to co-create a plan for Allied Health professionals will deliver care for the next five years.
Our online conversation is similar to a physical workshop but it’s more flexible and inclusive and means we can hear from everyone.
It is anonymous – your name is not attached to anything you share so you have the opportunity to be open, honest and frank in your feedback!
- You can join the online workshop from any computer, tablet or smartphone
- Everyone is welcome to join the conversation
- You can visit as many times as you like, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at a time that suits you
- Everyone can read, rate and comment upon the ideas of others